Master’s Level Therapist - Phoenix, Tucson, Casa Grande, Cochise County
Location : Phoenix, Tucson, Casa Grande or Cochise County
Employee Type : Full-Time
Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Manages Others : No
Job Type : Health Care
Education : Master’s Degree
Experience : 2 years
Grossman Therapy provides community-based, quality counseling services for children, youth, adults and families in the state of Arizona, primarily in Maricopa, Pinal, Pima, Cochise, and Gila counties. Grossman and Grossman, Ltd. first began in 1984, and provides counseling that addresses issues of trauma and victimization, builds self-regulation skills and develops positive coping strategies for anger, impulse control, depression, anxiety and stress, conflict resolution and general self-management. Our interventions are strength-based, build on the client’s capacities, are solution focused and consider the unique needs of each client and their families/caretakers. Our therapists make therapy sessions accessible and are willing to come to the home or school locations of the clients. We work closely with case managers and probation officers, as needed, to keep all parties informed and working as a team for the success and the progress of the client. Grossman & Grossman currently has openings for therapists. Applicant must have a master's level degree in counseling and we prefer AZBBHE associate or full licensure. Please note if you are bilingual and what languages you speak. We are looking for individuals with a minimum of two years’ experience working with clients in a trauma informed care setting. The position requires travel, which is reimbursed for community-based sessions. The position provides medical, dental and vision benefits from date of hire. This position requires some evening hours, generally two to three nights per week to meet family schedules.
- Assess and provide for client's needs.
- Provide individual and family support across the age span. Sessions may be held at the office, home, or in the community.
- Collaborate treatment with program supervisors, therapists, case managers and other agencies involved with the clients.
- Comply with all requirements regarding documentation for the program including timeliness, accuracy and completeness of notes, crisis/incidents reports, intakes, releases and consents.
- Participate in ongoing supervision and training.
- Potential to provide services in the evening hours, up to three days a week.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with clients who in a informed trauma setting.
- Master's Degree from an accredited school in a related field.
- Experience working with sexual misbehavior is preferable.
- Willingness to learn and become certified in trauma informed support.
- Possession of a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- Possession of a First Aid/CPR card or ability to immediately take training.